BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with Bittorrent, which is one of the most popular p2p protocol designed for high-speed distribution of 100MB or GB sized files. BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use bittorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc. Supports 43 Languages.
Features of "BitComet":
BitTorrent Download - fast and powerful
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of MP3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization: Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache: Memory cache is used to reduce the read/write frequency of your hard drive, therefore increasing service life.
- Quick Resume: The torrents can be seeded or resumed immediately without time consuming scans.
- NAT Traversal: Users behind NAT can now connect with each other by UDP.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows XP
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in router, Windows XP is required).
- Option of Disabling and Setting Priority of Files in any torrent: Files can be disabled, so they are not downloaded, or set to higher or lower priority, allowing you to select which files finish first.
- Trackerless support (Mainline DHT): Torrents can be downloaded when tracker is offline using DHT.
- Support for Multi-tracker, and utf-8 extension, UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP Download - Innovative P2P Technology
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of mp3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process.
- Ability of Multi-Section Download: Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Ability of Multi-Mirror download: Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed 300% or more.
- Ability of Multi-Peer download: BitTorrent technology is integrated into HTTP/FTP protocol, with which BitComet automatically finds other peers and gets data from them to increase your download speed without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Support for Unicode: Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
- Quick Resume: Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
Download Management - Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and Download.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Easy to Use and Free!
- User-friendly and very easy-to-use, we try to hide every complicated terms behind the interface
- BitComet does not contain any adware or spyware.
- You can support us by making a donation.
Changes in version 0.85, 2007.03.19 :
GUI Improved: new option in torrent maker dialog to enable large file(>1MB) align to piece boundary
GUI Improved: new option in torrent maker dialog to allow user search for HTTP/FTP resources when BT downloading
GUI Improved: new option in BT task properties dialog to enable search for HTTP/FTP resources for BT task files
GUI Improved: new history task filter in fav list, in which tasks displayed in the order of download finish date
GUI Improved: improve task delete dialog, able to remove downloaded files while keep task record in recycle bin
GUI Improved: new option in preferences dialog to enable BT task access P2PCache server (need ISP support)
GUI Improved: task created date and finish date are displayed in task summary
GUI Improved: improve task piece graph, support page down using mouse wheel
GUI Improved: new recomment side-bar which can be toggled in view menu
GUI Improved: BitComet main window minimize to windows taskbar, and system tray icon always displays
GUI Improved: if the task name/publisher name in task list is too long to display, it will be displayed in tooltip
GUI Improved: new search toolbar in the top of BitComet passport view
GUI Improved: improve the clipboard monitor, only capture url links of specific files type
GUI Improved: add support for Maxthon browser
GUI Improved: unhide the option of browse url in BitComet
GUI Improved: downloaded file will be selected when open task save folder
GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that some HTTP download fail due to missing cookie info
GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that hash check of multi BT tasks not running in queue
GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that move to other location command in task context menu does not work
GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that some particular language can not be input to IE edit control when BHO loaded
Core Improved: add P2SP download function to BT task, able to search for HTTP/FTP resources to accelerate download
Core Improved: add large file(>1MB) align to piece boundary function to torrent maker and BT download module
Core Bugfix: fix the bug that may lead to crash when download HTTP task using P2P connection
Core Bugfix: fix the bug that may lead to crash when an error UDP packet received
Core Bugfix: fix the bug that downloaded file may save fail if unsupported characte in current code-page occurred in torrent file
Core Bugfix: fix the bug about GZIP decode in HTTP 1.0
Core Bugfix: fix the bug that the task created from BCTP link is not properly saved if torrent had not downloaded.
Core Bugfix: fix the bug that unable to connect to some FTP server
Homepage - http://www.bitcomet.com/
Download: 5.96 MB