Foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA.
Full unicode support.
Advanced tagging capabilities.
Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats).
ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
New Default User Interface
* Allows embedding of Album List and other components in the main window
* Quick setup dialog on first startup allowing easy UI customization
* Theme import/export support for transferring appearance-related settings easily
* Built-in playlist view supports columns and grouping
New Playlist Search dialog
* Embedded album art support
* New built-in spectrum visualisation
* New Album List component
* Updates automatically with Media Library content changes (“Refresh” command no longer needed)
* Embeddable in the main window
* Supports direct creation of autoplaylists from Album List tree branches
Properties dialog improvements
* New commands: “Format from Other Fields”, “Capitalize”, “Clean Up”
* Improved “Automatically Fill Values” functionality
* Improved Windows Clipboard interaction - now you can use copy/paste to transfer values between fields or between different sets of tracks
Converter component improvements
* Replaced “show output directory when done” functionality with a new dialog showing a list of created tracks
* Built-in support for writing AU/SND and AIFF files
* Updated FLAC support - FLAC encoding now requires FLAC encoder 1.2.0 or newer
* Improved handling of hung command-line encoder processes
Audio format decoding updates
* Updated libFLAC to 1.2.1
* Rewritten support for AU/SND and AIFF audio formats
New “File Operations” component, for moving, copying and deleting audio files
Old Masstagger component no longer included with the installer (available for download separately)
Windows XP or newer is now required
Download: 2.7 MB