Modern Surgical Pathology: 2-Volume Set, Expert Consult, 2nd Edition
2432 pages | Saunders; 2 edition (June 29, 2009) | ISBN: 141603966X | PDF | 210.0 MB
Online and in print, Modern Surgical Pathology, 2nd Edition presents today's most complete, current, and practical assistance in evaluating and signing out surgical specimens. Nearly 3,000 high-quality color pathology images provide a crystal-clear basis for comparison to any sample you see under the microscope. Clinical, gross, microscopic, immunohistochemical, and molecular genetic features are integrated as appropriate for all tumors and tumor-like lesions, addressing all of the investigative contexts relevant to formulating an accurate diagnosis.
Full-text online access via Expert Consult enables you to reference the complete contents of the 2-volume set from any computer, perform rapid searches, and follow links to PubMed abstracts for many of the references. Edited by four leading surgical pathologists - Noel Weidner, MD, Richard J. Cote, MD, Saul Suster, MD and Lawrence M. Weiss, MD - with contributions from more than 70 other experts, Modern Surgical Pathology, 2nd Edition delivers the well-rounded, well-organized, richly illustrated, user-friendly guidance you need to efficiently arrive at confident diagnoses for even the most challenging lesions.
- Contributions from many leading surgical pathologists give you well-rounded, expert answers to any question that you may face.
- Expert Consult online access allows you to reference the content online from any computer, perform quick searches, and download all of the images.
- Clinical, gross, microscopic, immunohistochemical, and molecular genetic features are correlated as appropriate for every type of surgical pathology specimen, addressing all of the investigative contexts relevant to formulating an accurate diagnosis and thereby ensuring a completely accurate surgical report.
- Nearly 3,000 brand-new, high-quality color pathology images provide a crystal-clear basis for comparison to any specimen you see under the microscope.
- A completely rewritten section on the female reproductive tract offers many more illustrations of common entities to help you more easily distinguish between tumors and tumor-like lesions.
- Expanded coverage of non-neoplastic diseases and disorders makes it easier to recognize benign conditions that can mimic malignancy.
- The latest classification schemes and criteria for malignancy, incorporated throughout, enable you to include the most current gradings in your reports.
- A new, more consistent organization explores anatomy/histology, gross and microscopic appearance, adjunct techniques, diagnosis, and differential diagnosis for each neoplastic or non-neoplastic lesion, facilitating rapid consultation in the reporting room.
- An increased number of differential diagnosis and classification tables expedite diagnosis.