Based on New Line Cinema's upcoming film adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's classic fantasy novel, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King pc game will let players journey through multiple gameplay paths, taking control of the motion picture trilogy's heroes including Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Sam, and Frodo. Set in all of the breathtaking locations from the upcoming movie, The Return of the King's third person gameplay will include immersive action and epic adventure elements based in rich, interactive levels. An all-new multiplayer co-op mode will let players form their own Fellowship before embarking on their journey through Middle-earth™.
* Eight playable and secret characters including Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Sam and Frodo with exclusive voice-over provided by the actual actors from the films.
* An all-new co-op multiplayer mode will allow players to team up with a companion. Over twelve interactive environments authentically reproduced from the films.
* Explore the Paths of the Dead, defend Minas Tirith, and battle Sauron’s forces at the Pelennor Fields before final confrontations at the Black Gate and the Crack of Doom.
* Third person gameplay incorporates multiple character paths for each member of the Fellowship.
* More than just a backdrop to the action, the game environments are interactive, letting players incorporate the various environments into their strategies for both melee and ranged combat.
* Characters will have the ability to jump and swing from ropes, fire catapults, kick boulders, etc. Enhanced control with the right analog stick allows players to perform multi-directional attacks and combos with ease as they battle their way through the forces of evil.
* Battle vicious boss monsters including Shelob, the Witch King and the final showdown with the Dark Lord Sauron.
* Seamless movie-to-game transitions and never-before-seen exclusive movie footage from the upcoming The Return of the King movie. Immersive musical score composed by Academy Award-winner Howard Shore.
* Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
* Pentium III 800
* 128MB RAM
* 32MB DirectX 9.0 compatible video card
* DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card
* 8X DVD-ROM
Download: 370 MB