FreeArc 0.67a DC 20120522 Portable | 12.84 Mb
Modern general-purpose archiver. The main advantage of the program - a rich set of compression techniques, allowing FreeArc shows a high degree of compression and an enviable performance. FreeArc works 1.5-3 times faster than the best packers, showing the same degree of compression. Wide range of compression algorithms: LZMA, PPMD, TrueAudio, Multimedia compression algorithms. A total of 11 algorithms and filters (compared with 5 to 7-zip and 7 th in the RAR).
Continuous (solid) archives and installers. Testing the archives before and after any operation. Create self-extracting (SFX) archives and installers. Ability to create archives ZIP, 7z, ARC. Unpack the ZIP, 7z, ARC, RAR, cab, iso, xz, tar, lzma, bzip2, gzip, z, lha, rpm, deb, arj, vhd, wim.
• Open source.
• Graphical and console versions for Linux and Windows.
• Wide range of filters: REP, DICT, DELTA, BCJ, and LZP.
• Special fast compression algorithms: GRZIP for texts and Tornado for binary data.
• Special mode of sorting that groups similar files together, which increases the compression ratio.
• Outstanding performance: the average FreeArc works 1.5-3 times faster than best programs in its class (ccm, 7-zip, rar, uharc-mz, pkzip) with a comparable degree of compression.
• Run external programs and filters (the default configuration includes settings for Precomp, ECM, CCM (x), PPMonstr, Durilca, LPAQ, UDA and PAQ).
• Encryption AES / Blowfish / Twofish / Serpent.
• Modules to connect to FAR and Total Commander.
• Working with archives via HTTP (get a list of files, unpacking).
• Restore files.
• Move files to archive, the union archives, perearhivatsiya, blocking and commentary archive.
• Select files by size, time, name and attributes.
• Support base directories on the disk and the archive, automatic generation of archive filenames.