Parted Magic OS 2012.05.30 Portable | 196 Mb
Parted Magic OS 2012.05.30 employs core programs of GParted and Parted to handle partitioning tasks with ease, while featuring other useful software (e.g. Partimage, TestDisk, Truecrypt, Clonezilla, G4L, SuperGrubDisk, ddrescue, etc…) and an excellent set of info to benefit the user. An extensive collection of file system tools are also included, as Parted Magic supports the following: btrfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, and xfs.
Parted Magic OS requires at least a i586 processor and 312MB of RAM to operate or 175MB in “Live” mode.
* Format internal and external hard drives.
* Move, copy, create, delete, expand & shrink hard drive partitions.
* Clone your hard drive, to create a full backup.
* Test hard drives for impending failure.
* Test memory for bad sectors.
* Benchmark your computer for a performance rating.
* Securely erase your entire hard drive, wiping it clean from all data.
* Gives access to non-booting systems allowing you to rescue important data.
* Runs from the CD, no install required.
Note: This download is an .iso file that needs to be burned to CD/DVD. Once burned to CD/DVD, users must boot their PC from CD/DVD drive.
Changelog Parted Magic 2012.05.30
- Updated programs: coreutils-8.17, file-5.11, lftp-4.3.6, mbr-1.1.11, openssh-6.0p1, openssl-0.9.8x, rdesktop-1.7.1, sshfs-fuse-2.4, unetbootin-575, zerofree-1.0.2, clamav-0.97.4, e2fsprogs-1.42.3, fuse-2.9.0, rsync-3.0.9, cifs-utils-5.4, keyutils-1.5.5, krb5-1.7.1, curl-7.25.0, libidn-1.25, openldap-client-2.4.31, spacefm-0.7.7
- Added programs: pyneighborhood-0.5.4, shorewall-4.4.27, shorewall6-184.108.40.206, gptsync-0.14, udevil-0.2.4
- New features: The firewall routine from 2012_05_14 has been removed in favor of Shorewall. Development has started on a simple GUI for Shorewall in Parted Magic. The GUI supports stop, start, restart, and basic rule changes.