The code is written from scratch by Laurent Aimar, Loren Merritt, Eric Petit(OS X), Min Chen (vfw/asm), Justin Clay(vfw), Christian Heine (asm), and Alex Izvorski (asm). To decode, we suggest you to use a recent build of FFDShow, DivX H.264 Decoder or a media player that supports H.264 internally - like MPlayer (there are few interesting frontends for Windows: MPlayerUI, MPlayer Frontend), VLC (VideoLAN Client), KMPlayer, etc.
- VFW and installer were removed from auto update, VFW is outdated. However, you may try the Leiming's x264 GUI.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, AVISynth and DGIndex are required to use with MeGUI but NOT included.
Here are some key features of "x264 Video Codec":
· Intra: all macroblock types (16x16, 8x8, and 4x4 with all predictions)
· Inter P: all partitions (from 16x16 down to 4x4)
· Inter B: partitions from 16x16 down to 8x8 (including skip/direct)
· Ratecontrol: optional VBV, single or multipass ABR, constant quantizer
· Scene cut detection
· Adaptive B-frame placement
· B-frames as references / arbitrary frame order
· 8x8 and 4x4 adaptive spatial transform
· Lossless mode
· Custom quantization matrices
· Parallel encoding of multiple slices