Printers Apprentice 8.0 is a fantastic font manager for Windows Vista & XP. Whether you are a graphic artist, a publishing professional or a software enthusiast, if you have a lot of fonts, Printer's Apprentice will help you organize your collection. Font browsing, previewing and printing works with TrueType, Adobe Type, and OpenType fonts. Font browsing and preview functions let you see and print fonts from any storage device without copying or installing files. You can look at every character of each font, see how fonts look in a paragraph, find symbol characters on the keyboard, and more! Intelligent font install and uninstall tools let you manage fonts with more options than the Windows Control Panel.
- Familiar Windows Explorer-style interface for quickly viewing installed fonts or browsing uninstalled font files on any media
- "Preview without installing fonts" function supports TrueType, Adobe Type 1 and OpenType fonts
- Toolbar provides fast and convenient access to frequently used features
- Many dialogs have been redesigned so fewer steps are required to complete common tasks
- Single character, character set, sample text and keyboard views are all integrated into the main interface via tabs across the top
- Character set display can be displayed using a grid in a 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, 9x9 or 10x10 configuration
- Keyboard display shows you where symbol and dingbat characters are on a standard PC keyboard
- Easily examine copyright and other information embedded in font files
- Compare Fonts tab shows you multiple fonts at once using your own sample text
- Use the Install and Uninstall features to quickly manage the TrueType, Adobe Type 1 and OpenType fonts on your system. No rebooting is needed
- Any number of fonts can be installed or uninstalled at once
- Uninstalled fonts can be previewed, printed and installed from any media including external drives, CDR, flash drives, floppies, etc
- Uninstall functions removes fonts from Windows, deletes font-related Registry entries and can optionally move font files to another location for backup
- Organize your TrueType, Adobe Type 1 and OpenType font files any way you like by sorting them into folder-based groups
- Font group list is integrated into the main Printer's Apprentice window for easy browsing
- Font groups are managed and navigated using the standard Windows Explorer style tree interface
- Easily install and remove entire font groups with a few mouse clicks
- Fonts stored in groups can be viewed and printed just like installed fonts
- All printed catalogs and sample sheets are available for font groups
- Easily print many sample sheets or catalogs for multiple fonts at once
- Customizable sample text, headers and footers
- Font catalogs print multiple fonts per page with customized point sizes
- Font file name, path location and KB size are optionally printed for each font
01/02/09 - Printer's Apprentice 8.0.26
- Installer version 8.00.0035
- Fixed a problem with the application crashing on the Print dialog box if the Verdana font is not installed.
- Fixed a problem where the Print dialog would crash with an overflow error. This was happening with fonts that have invalid ascender & descender information.
- Fixed a problem where the app could crash if your font groups folder was invalid or missing and you tried to copy a font file to a group. There is now an additional check in place and a dialog box will notify you if the font groups folder is not specified.
- Fixed a bug on the Print dialog box. If you had one or more sample sheets selected, then changed the printer, the application would print a single sheet with some "please select something to print" text on it. Thanks to BD for helping track this one down.
- Added a check to make sure the currently selected printer is valid in the Print menu option. If a detached printer was selected, the software would crash with a "settings to access printer are invalid" message.
- Fix for for the Sample Text and Font Compare tabs. The were not drawing non-ANSI characters correctly due to an invalid declaration of the Win32 TextOut() function.
- Fixed a bug in the Move to Font Groups command. It was not working correctly for Adobe Type 1 fonts. Thanks to DM for pointing this out.
- Fixed a System.IO.FileNotFoundException bug in the font enumeration routine.
- Enhancement to the Edit>Copy command when the Sample Text tab is selected. If some text is selected, then only the selected text will be copied. Otherwise the entire contents of the Sample Text textbox will be copied.
- The Multiple Character tab now has a right-click context menu. If you click a character in the grid, you will get a popup menu with Zoom and Copy Character commands. Zoom will load the character in the Single Character tab. The Copy Character command copies the character to the clipboard.
- Improved the load speed on the Copy/Move Fonts dialog box when copying a large number (1000+) fonts.
- Font list on Copy/Move Fonts dialog box no longer freezes when copying many fonts.
- When finished uninstalling fonts, the next available font in the list is selected instead of the first.
- Added a "Select by Family" function to the Select menus.
- Various stability improvements.
- Additional "no spyware" text in the About > Warrenty tab.
- Additional helpful text in the exception dialog.
Home Page - http://www.loseyourmind.com
Download: 5.02 MB