It's a freeware utility.
A powerful suite of utilities and tools that allow you to make your Windows XP or Vista computer faster, more efficient and more secure
The Comodo System Cleaner application was designed to be a powerful suite of utilities and tools that allow you to make your Windows XP or Vista computer faster, more efficient and more secure.
- Take control by customizing virtually every aspect of Windows XP or Vista behavior and appearance with just a few mouse clicks.
- Optimize system performance, disk space and overall stability with built in Registry Cleaner and Disk Cleaner tools
- Gain complete visibility and control over your computer's hardware, software, processes and performance with powerful diagnostics tools
- Ensure complete on-line and off-line privacy by clearing the history, cache and temp files of Internet browsers, instant messengers and Windows applications
- Protect your privacy and data with essential security utilities like Folder Lock, File Encryption and Permanent File Wiper
- Gain functionality you never had before with bonus tools to split and rejoin large files, calculate hash values, compare files by content and more....
Here are some key features of "Comodo System Cleaner":
· Registry Cleaner: - Optimizes and repairs your Windows registry by running an in-depth scan to identify, remove or repair any unnecessary or corrupted entries. After running a scan, Windows will be able to access the information it needs from the registry much more quickly - meaning your computer will get an immediate performance and stability boost. (click here to see how Comodo Registry Cleaner performed in a speed test against competing software)
· Disk Cleaner: - Over time your disk drives become cluttered with temporary Internet files, logs, needless archives, unused icons and duplicate files. This utility lets you quickly clear them all to free up space and improve performance. Also allows you to schedule regular clean up routines.
Privacy Cleaner: - Obliterate your digital paper trail by cleaning history, cache, cookies and usage records from Internet browsers, Windows locations and popular software. Privacy Cleaner also contains the following security utilities:
· File Wiper - 'Permanent' file deletion tool to ensure deleted
· files can never be recovered
· Folder Lock - Prevent other local and network users from opening specific folders
· File Encryption - Strong encryption utility for secure storage or transmission of important files
· System Settings: - Unlock the full potential of your Vista or XP computer by quickly customizing otherwise obscure Windows settings with point and click ease. With over 50 tweaks in the 'System Settings' area alone, you can optimize Windows behavior in a more powerful and intuitive way than ever before.
· Visual Styler: - Easily customize look and feel of Windows by tweaking a variety of settings. Modify or replace Windows Icons, desktop wallpaper, animations, default fonts, background images and much more besides.
· Autoruns: - Control exactly which programs and services start with Windows to improve Windows boot up time and overall system performance.
· System Information: - Detailed and easily accessible 'dashboard' summary of all the hardware and software installed on your computer. Fast access to such details can be invaluable when you are considering hardware upgrades, the ability of your computer to run certain software and can assist you when judging whether to alter important system settings.
· Disk Space Explorer: - Graphically displays disk usage on a per folder basis. Great when you need to know how much disk space you have left or when evaluating which folders to move or delete and when considering advanced operations such as disk partitioning or virtual memory settings.
· System Benchmark: - Test the speed and overall performance of your computers memory, CPU, hard drive and Windows operations. Very useful for 'before and after' performance comparisons after altering system settings or installing new hardware or software. Can also be used to identify performance bottlenecks that might be holding your system back.
· Task Manager: - Provides highly granular control and visibility over Windows processes that goes far beyond the capabilities of the built-in Windows Task Manager. Advanced users can view, start/stop processes, change priority levels with a single click, easily modify process privileges and quickly view in-depth information about process dll's and dependencies.
File Splitter: - Do you have a file that is too large to email to friend or upload to a website? This utility allows you to split large files into smaller pieces of any size and later combine the pieces to re-form the original file. This can be very useful to:
· Overcome email systems that place limits on the size of an email message
· For archiving files to floppy, CD, DVD, USB and any other storage device
· For uploading to online file hosting sites that have restrictions on file sizes
· File Checksum Calculator: - Powerful and easy to use tool that calculates the hash value (checksum) of any file using a variety of well known algorithms. The ability to calculate the hash value of a file and compare it to the published value allows users to verify the file's integrity. If the two values match, the file is genuine and is not corrupted, unusable or a potential malware in disguise. Likewise, developers can also use this tool to calculate hashes for distribution with their software.
· Multi Rename Tool: - Time saving utility that allows users to sequentially rename multiple files or folders in one pass. Instead of the tedious process of manually renaming each and every file you can add date-stamps, specific text strings or escalating number counts to multiple files with point and click ease. Intuitive to use, this tool is as useful to a casual home user that needs to organize a photo collection as it is to a project manager who requires effective version control on an ever expanding project.
Compare by Content: - The 'Compare by Content' utility enables a comparison of two files and highlights the differences line by line. Useful for:
· Word processing: If you have two very similar documents and you need to quickly pick out the differences between them then this utility will prove invaluable. Simply load both versions side by side and the 'Compare by Content' utility will highlight the changes. This is especially useful if 'track changes' was not enabled on a large doc and for those document types that do not support tracking like notepad and other raw text files
· Troubleshooting code - Programmers and developers can use the tool to debug code or simply to identify alteration and additions (for example, you may need to identify the differences between a previously working script and the current version)
· File Pend Delete: - Provides the ability to delete files that are locked and cannot otherwise be deleted when in Windows 'User Mode'. Specifying a file with the 'File Pend Delete' tool will schedule that file to be deleted immediately after the next system restart. This utility can also be used as a great work-around for the 'Windows cannot delete this file because it is being used by another person or program' message.
· 32 MB RAM
· 40 MB Hard Disk Space