Virtual CloneDrive works and behaves just like a physical CD/DVD drive, however it exists only virtually. Image files generated with CloneDVD or CloneCD can be mounted onto a virtual drive from your hard-disk or from a network drive and used in the same manner as inserting them into a normal CD/DVD drive.
Probably the best virtual drive software, Virtual CloneDrive allows you to enjoy the freedom of a virtual drive and is completely free.
• Supports all common image formats such as *.ccd; *.dvd; *.img; *.iso; *.udf...
• Supports upto 8 virtual drives at the same time
• Easy to use - just double-click an image file to mount as a drive
• Virtual CloneDrive Setup for Windows 98, ME, NT 4, 2000, XP and Vista (32-bit).
• Virtual CloneDrive is freeware, you may use it at no cost.
Changes in Virtual CloneDrive 188.8.131.52, 2009 01 26:
- New: Added option to keep history of last mounted files
- New: Added support for unicode filenames (Windows 2000/XP/Vista)
- New: Added support for UTF8 image names in .dvd files (Windows 2000/XP/Vista)
- New: Sets media type (DVD, BDR) by parsing the image, if no .dvd file is used or the .dvd file doesn't contain a media type
- New: Added /b command switch to VCDMount.exe to browse for image
- New: Added /h command switch to VCDMount.exe to clear history
- New: Added support for Windows 7 (beta)
- New: Added daemon.exe tool so 3rd party applications written for Daemon Tools can be used
- Fix (Windows 2000/XP/Vista): Some reliability fixes
- Fix: VCDPrefs could hang when clicking "OK"
- Updated languages
- Some minor changes and improvements