WinPatrol's Host-based Intrusion Prevention System(HIPS) takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. WinPatrol was the pioneer in using a heuristic behavioral approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. It continues to be the most powerful system monitor for its small memory footprint. WinPatrol's easy tabbed interface allows you to explore deep inside your computer without having to be a computer expert. A one-time investment in WinPatrol PLUS provides a unique experience you won't find in any other software.
As a robust SECURITY MONITOR , WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol PLUS includes our unique R.I.D. technology. As a MULTI PURPOSE SUPPORT UTILITY WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality.
WinPatrol allows you to get a better understanding of what programs are being added to your computer. It monitors important system areas that are commonly altered by many malicious programs. This includes the startup groups (registry and startup folder), cookies and active tasks. You can terminate processes and enable or disable startup programs. The cookie monitoring option allows you to automatically delete cookies based on a keyword found in the cookie name. Additional features include a WHOIS lookup tool and an option to alert you on changes. WinPatrol is easy to understand, yet quiet powerful.
Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. You'll be removing dangerous new programs while others prepare to update their definition/signature data files.
WinPatrol is NOT:
1. Likely to conflict with other security programs you rely on.
2. A huge drain on your system resources or performance.
3. A yearly subscription or program only designed to help if you pay to upgrade.
4. A signature based system that relies on already identified threats.
5. A program that will update itself automatically without your knowledge.
6. Going to connect to the internet unless you explicitly request info.
7. Going to install any addition crap or toolbars on your system.
What's New with Version 18:
Already a Startup Manager, Security Monitor, Task Manager, Education libary & the new Custom WinPatrol v18 will have more!
* Custom Registry Monitoring and Lock Down. The newest version of confirms that WinPatrol is a must have addition to any traditional AntiVirus program. WinPatrol continues its tradition of being a first. The new custom Registry Lock feature could be a application all by itself but instead it will be integrated into the robust real-time monitoring of WinPatrol PLUS.
The most common threat to Windows based security has been the modification of secret and not-so-secret registry entries used by the operating system and most applications. Over the years malware authors have found ways to take control of a users system by tweaking various registry entries. Only experts with knowledge of programs like regedit.exe have stood a chance at protecting their systems.
Traditional security programs have played a cat and mouse game to keep up with newly discovered registry tweaks. Now with WinPatrol 2010 v18’s, newly discovered tweaks can be added immediately to WinPatrol’s real-time monitoring. Registry values can be manually added or included in a batch script file created by experts and other 3rd party developers.
Running completely in the background WinPatrol PLUS will monitor for changes and lock down specific registry entries so they can’t be changed.
WinPatrol already locks down AutoRun entries, FileType associations and a host of other system configurations. Now, users can pick and choose registry entries they decide should never change.
Not sure how the registry works? Online experts will create custom scripts to protect those configuation locations important to you.
* Protection from ActiveX errors. WinPatrol lets you know when new ActiveX components are installed on your system. WinPatrol version 18 now includes this feature as bonus to PLUS members to protect novice users from accidently disabling critical ActiveX controls.
* PLUS Code Security. Due to the large number of illegal keygen and pirate sites I've had to increase the verification of your name and PLUS codes. This may cause an occasional error with PLUS members using valid codes. This step is required to make sure our PLUS members can always access our website.
Supports Windows 98 - Windows 7 including x64 systems.