iDefrag helps defragment and optimize your disk for improved performance.
* Supports HFS and HFS+ (Mac OS Extended).
* Supports case sensitive and journaled filesystems.
* Supports adaptive hot file clustering ("Hot Zone").
* Four powerful defragmentation algorithms:
o Compact data, moving all free space to one place.
o Optimize filesystem metadata.
o On-line defragmentation.
o Defragment whilst your disk is mounted.
o Advanced programmable optimization.
o Rearrange your disk the way you want.
* B-Tree metadata file compaction/optimization support.
* High performance user-defined file classification engine.
* Per-block and accurate whole disk display.
* Detailed statistics so you know whether you need to optimize.
* Inspector allows you to view details of individual extents/files.
* Quickly jump to specific files to examine them in more detail.
* Altivec accelerated display for improved performance.
* Auto-update feature ensures you always have the latest version.
* Fine-grained security, just like iPartition.
* AppleScript support.
WHAT'S NEW Version 2.0.5:
* Fixed a rare bug that could cause iDefrag to stop midway through defragmenting after reporting an error and leaving the disk in an inconsistent state.
o Fixed a glitch when resizing the main window.
o Fixed a problem with the install code that runs at startup where it would fail to restart properly after installing.
Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later.