calibre is a one stop solution to all your e-book needs. It is free, open source and cross-platform in design and works well on Linux, OS X and Windows. calibre is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
WHAT'S NEW Version 0.7.17:
* Content server: Show custom column data in the book listing Add preference to automatically set a tag when adding books (Preferences->General)
* Add a tweak to create compound search terms. Show error message in tooltip when user inputs an invalid search query.
* Managing multiple libraries: Allow renaming/deleting libraries from the Choose library menu
* Searching on series index is now possible. See the User Manual for details.
* Fix regression in 0.7.16 that broke conversion of HTML files with preprocess turned on
* MOBI Output: When converting an input document that specifies an inline TOC in the but not in the , add it correctly. Fixes #6661 (Conversion to MOBI fails to create TOC) Closes tickets: 6661
* JetBook driver: Only use JetBook naming scheme for txt, pdf and fb2 files. Closes tickets: 6638
* Copy to library action now respects merge preferences Closes tickets: 6641
* Fix bug in email sending when using an SSL connection
* Kobo driver: Fix bug that prevented metadata caching from working correctly Closes tickets: 6015
* Fix regression in 0.7.16 that caused calibre to forget its preferences on each restart for new installs on linux News downloads: Cut off long downloaded from URLs Closes tickets: 6649
New news sources
* HOY by Fco Javier Nieto
* Milenio by bmsleight
* Winnipeg Free Press by buyo
* Field and stream blog, West Hawaii Today, Marietta Daily Journal by Tony Stegall
* Europa Sur by Darko Miletic
Improved news sources
* La Jornada
Mac OS X 10.4.2 or later.