Comodo Personal Firewall is one of the most powerful and smartest personal firewalls you can ever see. Introduced into the market just in March 2006. Comodo's Personal Firewall quickly gained a reputation as a high quality firewall suitable for both home users and corporate networks. It features both inbound and outbound packet filtering in combination with robust outbound application filtering at the network layer. The new-look interface facilitates quick and easy access to all major settings, including the powerful and highly configurable security rules interface.
NEW! Anti-Leak Configuration:
- A new default configuration is introduced to make D+ show fewer number of popup alerts while still remaning leak proof.
NEW! On-Demand Virus Scanning:
- CFP now provides an option to scan for viruses during the installation and from its graphical user interface
NEW! A-VSMART Warranty Program:
- CFP now provides the users an option to enroll one of the available A-VSMART Warranty programs
- There has been various reports that CFP 3.0 is attacked by some malware to disable its protection.
The self defense has been modified such that an ungraceful termination of CFP will block every unknown action (i.e. it will function as if "Block all unknown actions if the application is closed" option is selected. This option was not enabled by default).
IMPROVED! Default Configuration:
- Default configuration now protects more registry keys and more COM interfaces.
- Default Web Browser and FTP Client policies are modified to support passive FTP requests
IMPROVED! Handling of known code executing applications:
- Defense+ has been modified such that some known code executing programs such as rundll32.exe or windows scripting host are not autimatically trusted anymore.
IMPROVED! Pending Files:
- Defense+ has been modified such that it is not going to report any pending files if it is not in clean PC mode.
FIXED! Bugs in Defense+ Engine:
- Fixed numerous bugs that could stop Defense+ to properly handle the suspicious actions(e.g.bugs in registry and file protection, key logging etc).
- Fixed the bug that could prevent CFP from functioning properly in certain types of hardware configurations(e.g. when a USB harddisk is present etc.).
FIXED! Minor Bugs in the Graphical User Interface
CFP 3.0 – System Requirements
Windows XP – 32 and 64 bit versions
Windows Vista – 32 and 64 bit versions
64 Mb RAM
50 Mb free disk space
Homepage - http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com
Download: 39.04 MB