FrostWire 4.21.5 | 7.77 Mb
FrostWire is a free Gnutella client based on LimeWire distributed under terms of the GPL. It was created in September 2005 after LimeWire LLC received a cease and desist letter.
FrostWire is a useful file sharing utility that gives you the possibility to transfer files from and to your computer.
The LimeWire open-source community then decided to create FrostWire, - a free offspring using the publicly available sourcecode from LimeWire to create a Gnutella client that does not filter any content.
Note: Some antivirus and antispyware programs flag FrostWire as being infected/malware, although the application is perfectly safe and does not pose a threat to your system. This is called a 'false positive'. The term false positive is used when antivirus software wrongly classifies an innocuous ( inoffensive ) file as a virus. The incorrect detection may be due to heuristics or to an incorrect virus signature in a database. [Similar problems can occur with antitrojan or antispyware software.]
Here are some key features of "FrostWire":
· Completely free & open-source
· Firewall-to-firewall transfers
· Built-in community chat
· No bundled software of any kind!
· Connects to more sources
· Creative commons license support
· Max. speed network connections
· Junk result filters
· Turbo-Charged download speeds
· iTunes integration
· BitTorrent support
· Proxy Support
· 64 MB RAM (128 MB RAM recommended)
· A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.5
· A live connection to the Internet
What's New in This Release:
· Addresses folder sharing and torrent seeding issues
Reasons why this program is marked as ad-supported:
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to install ASK toolbar that the program does not require to fully function
OS: Windows All
Home Page - http://www.frostwire.com/