VB Decompiler is decompiler for programs (EXE, DLL or OCX) written in Visual Basic 5.0/6.0. As you know, programs in Visual Basic can be compiled into interpreted p-code or into native code.
Since p-code consists of high-level commands, there is a real possibility to decompile it into the source code (of course, the names of variables, functions, etc. will not be decompiled). VB Decompiler restores many p-code instructions and although there is a long way to the generation of the source code that can be compiled, the decompiler will make analyzing the program algorithm much easier and partially restore its source code.
If a program was compiled into the native code, restoring the source code from machine instructions is not possible. But VB decompiler can help to analyze the program even in this situation as well. It contains a powerful disassembler that supports Pentium Pro commands including MMX and SSE. It allows you to disassemble all functions. There is also a code analyzer that searches for all API function calls and string references in the disassembled code and changes them into comments for analyzed strings. In general, VB Decompiler is an ideal tool for analyzing programs and it is perfect if you lose the source code and need to partially restore the project.
What's new in this version:
- New unpacker engine
- OptionButton decompilation
- Russian help file rewriten
- New plugin functions: GetFrxIconCount, GetFrxIconOffset, GetFrxIconSize
- Address in String Reference window
- Strings editor in String Reference window
- Collapse and expand "If" and "For" constructions in text window
- BugFix: Parameters parser fixed
- BugFix: Resize in Windows Vista SP
Download: 5.72 MB